Disclaimer: this post may contain affiliate links. This means I may earn a commission should you chose to sign up for a program or make a purchase using my link. You will not be charged extra and I will be able to fund my caffeine and writing addiction.
Struggling to find the right keyword to make your Instagram stories pop up?
Have you ever had the feeling that your Instagram story lacks a slight pizzaz? Do you think it could still be better? Are you finding yourself using the same set of Instagram GIF keywords over and over? Man, me too. Lucky for us, Instagram has a really big database of awesome GIFs to use. You just got to know the right keyword to find them!
First things first: How to add GIF to your Stories
- Take or upload the video/photo you want to use.
- In the top right corner you will see a sticker icon. Tap it.
- You will now see the many features you can use in Instagram stories. But for our purposes, we would only use GIFs.
- Type the keyword of the GIF you want to use.
- My photo is a coffee so I want GIFs that are relevant to coffees. So I’ll type the keyword “coffee” for more options type “iced coffee”
- Tap the GIF/sticker you want to use and it will automatically appear on your story. Drag it around to replace it or tap it to flip it.
- When you are finally satisfied with the look, Send to Your Story.
Here’s a visual of the process
Now I’ve scoured the internet for adorable GIFs that can be used on Instagram. It was a little tedious to compile them all but here’s my top 10 keywords you can use!
You can also get my free Instagram templates here.
My top 10 list of GIF keywords for Instagram stories
- Studio Jones